Friday, December 3, 2010

Snow Dances and training!

Hey everybody, Larissa here, kinda new to this whole blogging thing so I'll give my best shot! I'm currently a Sophomore at SMC. I started out training last year with the team, blew out my knee, but now I am back looking forward to racing this season! I'm from Jackson NH, near Mt Washington for those of you that have heard of that mountain... I went to Kennett High School were I skied for three years, (freshman year I was out with broken ribs, kinda a klutz), but my most memorable race from the past would have to be the sprints at J2s my Sophomore year. It was fast and it was fun! It was so different than racing a 5K and I really enjoyed it. Something about that burst of speed, giving it all you've got and then BAM, you're done. So fun, hope to race some sprints at some point this season. I am currently majoring in French and Environmental Studies with no overall plan what I want to do with my life!

But back to skiing, I don't really have a preference for skate or classic, I like skate for speed and classic for distance, they're both kind of awesome. I've never raced a 10K only 5Ks in high school and the 25K at Craftsbury with my mother when I was I think 13. SO I am excited to try racing a 10K, should be fun! I grew up skiing all over the Mount Washington Valley but I would have to say my current favorite is Jackson Ski Touring. They have my favorite trail, The Wave, which is now a NCAA classified race trail or something like that. They did a ton of work on it, making it so it doesn't need that much snow, so it's always the first thing I get to ski. Plus, as the name sort of hints at, it's like a wave, plenty of up and down!! It's a fun ride!

I am really looking forward to this season, I've always wanted to race in college and this year I finally get to do it so I am pumped!! I really cannot wait for snow at this point, it's got to be coming soon!! Keep those fingers crossed for cold weather and rock those snow dances!

So far training has been fantastic. Got some good workouts in this week, early morning roller ski intervals with the girls and hill bounding this afternoon. It's been hard at times but it's been fun! So that's all I can think about right now, more later!

Peace
Larissa

1 comment: