Monday, January 3, 2011

Update from Sam

I'm doing laundry (thanks mom) and packing up my stuff so I can head out for our winter camp. We're heading to Larissa's house in Jackson, New Hampshire for a few days on Wednesday morning. With the lack of snow we'll be one of many schools heading in the direction of Bretton Woods for some solid k's. We'll be back in Burlington on Friday and will head out for Lake Placid early next week. We'll ski for a few days there before the St. Lawrence carnival marks the beginning of our colligate race season.

The few days leading up to the big move back to school have been relaxing and it's hard to believe the break's just about over. Most of SMC still has two weeks, but with all the skiing they'll fly right by and before you know it I'll be heading into my nice and roomy 13 credit semester.

It's been incredibly warm and the Northeast has had a major melt down. This has been problematic for pretty much everyone. It's probably safe to say that those scrambling most are the people in charge of US Nationals at Black Mountain in Rumford, ME.

The YouTube clip is an interview with the chief of course, which should give you an idea of the predicament they've been in.



It seems Black Mountain has been making it happen, which is pretty impressive. There's a chance I may be heading up on Wednesday to watch the 15k as it's only an hour or so from Larissa's. I've been keeping an eye on results and blog posts (particularly Adam's) and following my brother and others as they race through the wet conditions. The most impressive finish to me was the 18th place finish from Colby's John Dixon. I know him through Adam and have seen him race since high school. His results just keep getting bigger and better.

For now I'm baking brownies, watching a movie, and enjoying my last real time at home until March.
My brother, Evan, skiing for BMA at Nat'ls.
("Borrowed" from Adam)

More snow on the way (hopefully) so cross your fingers!!
- Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment