Tuesday, January 25, 2011

EPIC Nature Sighting January 25, 2011

As we skied at Sleepy Hallow this fine afternoon, we happened upon a most marvelous prickly creature. (drumroll please!) It was a PORCUPINE! He was just sitting up in a tree chillin' like a villain and munching on some nom nom, which, for him was some pine bark. He would crawl back and forth on the branch eating. He was quickly named Herman by Kat, (all I could come up with is Porky, which, is really unoriginal. I did learn later though from the outdoor hero (my mother) that baby porcupines are called Porcupettes and I think that'd be a pretty cool name too!) Sadly, being the super intense skiers that we are, we couldn't watch him forever which I totally would have done, and skied back down the trail to work on some skating technique. We skied back up and during our talk it over time, the porcupine decided that it wanted to switch branches, and in the process of trying to move promptly fell out of the tree. It was hilarious! He was fine, shook off his quills and went about his business of eating bark. He was awesome. But he does not replace our desire for a pet Hedgehog.

On a skiing note, sleepy was awesome, great snow, great trails! We'll be doing some sort of race there tomorrow, WOOT WOOT for 6K skate races!!! Should be a fun time! Unfortunately now I must continue my copious amounts of homework, (boo!) Until next time world, Rizzle out! (Larissa for those of you who are unaware of my gangsta name....)

No comments:

Post a Comment