Sunday, January 23, 2011

Czech it out!

Hey everyone, Silke here. Just dropping you a line from the Czech Republic. I'm here and have finally started to settle into the routine. The first few days of the European race tours are always really crazy.

We left from Burlington airport on the 19th, unfortunately since we were delayed in Burlington, we ended up missing our connection from Philadelphia to Frankfurt. Lucky for us, there was a mostly empty flight heading from Philly to Munich not too much later. We made that flight and ended up grabbing a connection from Munich to Prague earlier than we had planned. Personally, I got 4 seats to myself to sleep on the flight over to Munich, so I couldn't care less that we missed our original connection.

After finally getting to Nove Mesto we discovered that team USA has actually taken over a small hotel. We got all our stuff put away, and went downs stairs for "Adidas Christmas". The uniforms are pretty this year (I don't look like a Smurf!). The food is actually amazing, which makes me really happy (for those of you who don't know, eating is one of my main hobbies).

We raced for the first time today, a Czech cup to warm up for worlds. Not my best race, but a good time to get out all the nerves on the new course. I came 17th, which I can handle, hopefully I continue to improve as the races progress.

Alright, I feel like I am starting to ramble. If you want to hear more about how my Czech adventure is going Czech out my blog!
*giggle giggle giggle*
Anyways, there are pretty pictures on my blog! Look at them!

Miss you guys! Good luck at the Carnivals!
Silke

1 comment:

  1. You rock Silke! Enjoy the adventure, stay healthy, get some studying in. Oh yeah-and ski fast and shoot straight!

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete